Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Congratulations John and Heather!

When I got the phone call from Heather several months ago inquiring about photographing her upcoming wedding to her fiance John, I had several thoughts: 1) I figured she would never actually want me to do it. When she called, I was in the process of loading my kids up after going to the pool, so I wasn't exactly coherent. Normally I wouldn't have answered the phone at a moment like that, but for some reason I did it any way. Let's just say I don't think I scored many points in the "professional" category! 2) I really hoped that, despite how I sounded, I would get to photograph her wedding anyway! She told me a little about her "Alice in Wonderland" vision for her wedding, and it sounded like so much fun. 3) I was really excited that she and John love Jesus, too!

Well, obviously she and John did ask me to do their wedding :) And it was even better than I had thought it would be! Heather had a great attention to detail, and everything looked fabulous. It was a fun and special day, and I was honored to be there. I love how these images turned out! Make sure you watch the slideshow at the end, which is set to one of their favorite songs...

I LOVED Heather's shoes...



And how her Dad couldn't keep his eyes off her while he walked her down the aisle. And how John was overcome as he saw his bride for the first time. And Heather's Mom's excitement as she watched her new son-in-law...













Heather's sister MADE these mugs for each guest as a favor!










Congratulations you two! Thank you so much for allowing me to be a part of your day.

No comments: