Sunday, January 20, 2008

Passion

"For the Lord takes delight in his people..." Ps. 149:4



"The Lord your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing." Zep. 3:17



I love the picture that those verses paint: a picture of the almighty God of the universe so enthralled with me (you!) that He is literally singing and dancing over me. And I think I am beginning to sense that more now, especially as I pursue photography. Now, I realize that this is going to sound really corny... but my entire life I have been "sweet little Caroline." If people had to describe me, they would probably use words like "nice" and "a good person." How boring is that??!! There really is more to me than that. There is a passion and excitement for life inside, but I guess I just don't typically let it out. Maybe because up 'till now, I didn't know how. But I think that photography is a way that I can let this other "Caroline" show her stuff! I don't know that I'm there yet... but I want to be.

That could be one reason that I am SO EXCITED about a workshop that I am going to in February: the Love Affair Workshop. It is a week long, and is on Bald Head Island in North Carolina. I only know one other person going: my old friend from middle and highschool, Scarlett. But I will be there with about 40 other women, all of whom are photographers, and many of whom are Christian. It is going to be a week of shooting, workshops, and plenty of "girl time." We are even going to get all dressed up and do photo shoots of each other! I am absolutely counting down the minutes until I get on that airplane. Never before have I done something like this! I hope my expectations are not too high, but I am really expecting to learn a lot, and not just about photography. When I step on that plane, I also want to step out of the old Caroline, and embrace the me that I know is in there. (see, I told you this was corny!) Woo-hoo - only 5 weeks to go!

2 comments:

amy said...

Oh, how I miss you. I am so excited for you and for this conference coming up and for all the exciting things that are happening with the photography! I can't wait to see pictures of you all dressed up and in front of the camera! So, I clicked on the link for the conference and found your little profile thing, and it was fun to read. That story about the chair in the restaurant literally had me laughing out loud. I know it was embarrassing at the time (you know that I would have been mortified), but it is a hilarious story and a reminder not to take ourselves too seriously. I am always so concerned about how other people are going to view me, and I need to work on that! I love you! Looks like I will be in Jax the first weekend in March...

Scarlett Lillian // Jacksonville Senior Photographer said...

I so can't wait for the Love Affair Workshop! You are going to be soooo inspired and I know God will do amazing things stirring our passion even more with this incredible gift He has given us! Thanks for sharing those verses, they were great!