Friday, May 16, 2008

My new lineup

This post is definitely more for anyone who cares about the technical side of photography..


For some time now, I've needed a new camera. Not that I don't love my old D50, but it just doesn't cut it in the world of professional photography! But I had been tossing around the idea of switching from Nikon to Canon, and I knew that if I decided to make the switch, now was the time. However, no matter how much research I did or how many photographers I talked to, I could not make a decision because I could find die-hard fans on either side of the fence. So I decided that the only way to make the best decision was to try out potential cameras from both brands at the same time under the same conditions. So here are two pictures from my test (thanks to my small group for putting up with me!) Can you guess which is Canon and which is Nikon?

Image 1:

Image 2:

Image 1: Canon 5d Image 2: Nikon D300

Both pictures were taken under exactly the same conditions and with exactly the same settings. I used a high ISO (1600) because my primary objective was to compare the grain, as I had been having problems with that with my Nikon. When I looked at the images on my computer, I was shocked at the difference between the two. I knew instantly that I was going to make the switch to Canon.

So, one week later I am the proud and excited new owner of a Canon 5d. I've used it a little already, and I am in love!

Not only did I purchase the 5d, but of course I had to buy some lenses to go with it. My new lineup includes:

Lenses: 135mm f/2

50 mm f/1.2

24 mm f/1.4

70-200 mm f/2.8

100 mm f/2.8 macro

Flash: 2 - 580 ex II

1 comment:

Melrose said...

I just checked out your new website and I must say...YOU DA BOMB!!! :D lol That was so amazing...do you know how great of a photographer you are?! so exciting :) love you!