Monday, June 30, 2008

Billman Week in Pictures

Yay for the rain! There is nothing I like better than a good thunderstorm, and we've had a lot of them this week. Our grass is very happ!
Chris wants SO MUCH to be one of the big kids. At any given moment there are at least a half-dozen neighborhood kids playing outside, and Chris loves to be right in the middle of them. They're pretty good with him - no one has run him over on their skateboards (yet). He loves to watch them.
One of his new favorite "toys" is our dishwasher. He loves to drive his trucks over the open lid. The other day I caught him putting the silverware away! Fortunately, this time it was clean. The last time he did it I wasn't so lucky, and all of the silverware in the drawer had to be washed.
He amused himself for quite some time last week by scooping up some of the bark into his wheelbarrow, and then dumping it in another spot. By the time he was finished, he was covered in bark from head to toe! The only think I could do was strip him down and throw him in his little pool. He lasted for about a minute and then got right back out and back to "work" on the bark!

We've had lots of messes this week! This time, he decided to help himself to some pretzels...
Daddy and Chris :)
For my birthday, Mark's parents came up to baby sit so that we could go out for pizza and a movie. The next day, Mark brought me a YUMMY chocolate cake from Publix. We've been working on it all week, and sadly this is all that remains. Until we finish it tonight, anyway...

Lastly, I've been reading through the Narnia series, and thought I'd share an excerpt that I love:
"if there's anyone who can appear before Aslan without their knees knocking, they're either braver than most or else just silly."
"Then he isn't safe?" said Lucy.
"Safe?" said Mr. Beaver; "don't you hear what Mrs. Beaver tells you? Who said anything about safe? 'Course he isn't safe. But he's good. He's the King, I tell you."
In the story, Aslan represents Jesus. And I think that is such a perfect description of our God: He is by no means safe. But He is so good.

No comments: