Wednesday, June 10, 2009

MIA

I know it has been forever since I have posted, but things have just been a little crazy around here. So I wanted to give you a quick update... Last week I went out of town to photograph a funeral (more on that later). As I was leaving the cemetary, I checked my cell phone and noticed that Mark had called - twice. I called him back, and he informed me that he had just been laid off from his job. Though I hadn't planned on returning home until the next morning, I left that evening to come home so that I could be with him. So, as a result our lives have been sort of turned upside down! We are trusting that the Lord has allowed this for a reason, and that He has a good plan for this, but it is still very hard. And of course we are still trying to adjust to having a newborn... and Chris has been reacting to the stress around him by acting up... it has been a difficult time! But, life still goes on. I did two baby sessions last week, and will be posting those soon. I am also in the process of organizing my new office/nursery - it feels good to be organized!!
So, that is what our lives have been like in a nutshell. I promise that I will post some pictures soon!

2 comments:

Heather said...

That was painful to view, but very well documented for the family. The photographs hit home with anybody who has experienced this sort of loss...and really who hasn't at one time or another?

Brianna said...

First of all, congratulations on the birth of your baby girl! She's a darling!
I just wanted to say that I know what you're feeling when it comes to job loss. My husband lost his job back in February. We decided to move south a couple states to where our families are. While he has a job now, it's not enough to support us and our two kids. We are currently living with my husband's grandmother and it's tough!

I have recently found some really encouraging verses that I thought I'd pass along to you.
*2 Cor. 4:16-18 "Therefore we do not lose heart. Though outwardly we are wasting away, yet inwardly we are being renewed day by day. For our light and momentary troubles are achieving for us an eternal glory that far outweighs them all. So we fix our eyes not on what is seen, but on what is unseen. For what is seen is temporary, but what is unseen is eternal."

The next one is the whole chapter of Psalm 143. Read it! I know you'll be encouraged.

Best wishes to you and your family.