Saturday, August 1, 2009

Welcome Baby Laynie!

I can hardly believe that my baby sister Jessica is all grown up! Last November I was so excited to be able to photograph her wedding to her husband Scott, and last Wednesday I had the opportunity to be present at the birth of her daughter, Laynie Lorae.

At 5 days past her due date, Jessica was more than ready to welcome her baby girl into the world. At around 3 am Wednesday morning, my crazy sister DROVE HERSELF TO THE HOSPITAL - the contractions were coming regularly, but as she wanted Scott to be able to sleep, and she was sure the hospital would send her home anyways, she went alone. But, the hospital determined that she was definitely in labor and should stay. My sister Kristin and I arrived around 10, and spent the day just hanging out and waiting.. finally around 6 that evening little Laynie made her arrival! It was so much fun to watch her husband Scott hold his new daughter, and I loved watching Jessica as a mommy.

Scott and Jessica, thank you so much for the honor of being at her birth!

















8 lb. 14 oz!



First time holding his beautiful daughter

Meeting her sweet prize!












Since I was there all day, I had to bring Anna with me. She did great! I was glad that Grandma Sherrie was able to spend some time with her :)

Scott's brother and father, and my brother Luke


Scott's Dad holding his first grandchild!

I just love my Anna's smiles.. I couldn't resist posting this one :)


Uncle Luke meeting Anna.. not many 16 year olds can say they have 14 nieces and nephews!







No comments: