Saturday, April 30, 2011

Congratulations Doug and Katherine

There is just something about the simplicity of weddings like Doug and Katherine's that I love. Everyone was so laid-back and having a great time - it was a beautiful day.

Another reason I loved this wedding was the venue: the Florida Carriage Museum. Back in 2009 I photographed Travis and Cori's wedding at the same location. It turns out that Katherine is a friend of Cori's, and when she saw the pictures from that wedding, she said she knew she wanted me to shoot her wedding as well. Wow - what a compliment! But I think this is one of my favorite wedding venues ever.. it is just gorgeous. Open fields, flowers, horses.. it just doesn't get any better. Until you throw in a beautiful couple as well :)






I love how happy Katherine looks in this shot that my second shooter, Kaylee, grabbed.




After the ceremony Doug and Katherine were taken around the property in a horse-drawn carriage. The coordinator for the FCMR offered to take us in a golf cart to chase them down so we could get some pictures. Let's just say that flying across a field in a golf cart while 8 months pregnant and trying to take pictures at the same time is no easy feat! But it was well worth it!








After the reception, Katherine wanted to get some pictures IN A LAKE. Umm, can we say, amazing? I love my couples! :)

And here's the slideshow...

Thank you so much you two!

1 comment:

Melrose said...

Those lake shots are WAY COOL!!! What awesome end shots to a day!