Sunday, April 5, 2009

My turn!

Let me just start out by saying that you will never convince me that the Lord does not care about the seemingly small, insignificant details and desires of our hearts. Ok, now let me explain... When I was pregnant with Chris, I think we took about 5 pictures of me the entire pregnancy. So I don't have much to look back at of that time. So this time, I really wanted some good pictures. I can't really explain why, as typically I do NOT like to be in front of the camera (hello, that is why I am the photographer!). But I think maybe it has something to do with being able to show my daughter the photographs, and hopefully it will communicate to her just how excited I was about being pregnant with her, and how special she was to me even before I could see her face. Being pregnant is such an incredible, special time! And as busy as my life is right now, I LOVE the constant reminders that there is this little person inside me, patiently waiting as she is being formed by the Lord, and that soon I will get to hold her in my arms.

Ok, so on with the story... about a month ago I was up in North Carolina for a workshop with the amazing photographer Millie Holloman. (I'm planning a separate blog post on that, so stay tuned). But while there, I was talking to a few photographers that work for her, Rachel and Rebecca. Rachel asked me if I was planning on having maternity photos done, and I told her I didn't think so. Because as much as I wanted some, it just didn't seem like it was going to work out. She immediately offered to do some the next day! I couldn't believe it! So the next day she, Rebecca, and my friend Lain took me out to this area where there was some tall grasses, fallen logs, etc. for the pictures. I never dreamed that not only would I get to have the pictures done, but they would be done by such amazing photographers at such a perfect spot! The Lord worked all of that out, and I am just blown away by the generosity, kindness, and talent of the girls as well as the love of Jesus.
Ok, so here's a few of the pictures. It was so hard to pick which ones to post - just looking at all of them made me cry!
















I did feel a little funny about posting the next three pictures... just to warn you, they are of my big ol' belly! I can't even explain why I wanted them done, as I am not one to "show it off"... but I really like them!


This is what I see when I look down ;)



Thank you SO MUCH to Rachel, Rebecca, Lain, and Millie! These pictures are amazing, and I am so grateful.

6 comments:

Kristin said...

Incredible! Just Beautiful!

You will treasure these!!

They are all great!e

amy said...

Care - I love them! You are so radiant! Thanks for sharing! How is baby girl doing these days? Is she feeling squished and ready to come out yet?? I bet YOU are the one that is feeling squished...your lungs and bladder anyway :-) Hope that you are all doing well! Can't wait to see pictures of her!

Melrose said...

The first picture and the ones of your belly showing are my absolute favorites. You are just glowing, your skin is so radiant, and your belly is so beautiful! I absolutely love the last one where it looks like you're hiding in the field just reveling in the beauty of your baby. Thanks so much for sharing.

Lain Eubank said...

Aww these are so cute! You are the cutest little pregnant woman ever! Email me your address so that I can send you a disc of the pictures I took. -Lain

Jackie Beale said...

these are beautiful caroline! Congrats! :)

Angel Gray Photography said...

I love the one standing on the log, glad for you that you got these!