Thursday, October 1, 2009

Christmas In September

Seriously - it has really felt like Christmas this week! And not just because of the (slightly) cooler weather, or the fact that the stores are already putting out their holiday stuff. Rather, it has felt Christmas-ish because of all of the fun packages that I have received! Let's just say that I'm practically on a first-name basis with the UPS guy.

I already posted about the first goody that arrived, which was my fish-eye lens. But yesterday I received the second new toy that I ordered: a tilt-shift lens! This is a really neat lens, though a bit complicated to use. It has these knobs on it that you use to literally tilt the lens - so it is no longer parallel to the subject. This results in more blur around the subject than is possible with a conventional lens:


I only had a chance to snap this quick picture with it this morning... but I am really excited that it arrived in time to play with it during this weekend's Holiday Family Sessions!


Now, know I mentioned that I received a bunch of packages... the two lenses aren't the only goodies that arrived... I know, the suspense is probably killing you (which is exactly what the credit card bill is going to do to Mark when it arrives!) So stay tuned!

1 comment:

Heather said...

I've been eying the tilt shift lenses for a while now. Have fun with the new toy!