Thursday, August 11, 2011

Happy 1st Birthday, Ross!

It is so hard to believe that it has already been a year since my neighbors Mark and Kelly brought their adopted son, Ross, home from the hospital. But what a year!
I have known Mark and Kelly since we moved into this house 5 years ago. We quickly became friends, and I knew that though they desired to be parents, the Lord had not yet answered that prayer. Until last year.
It has been so much fun to not only photograph little Ross as he has grown, but to see him in daily life... or at least at our afternoon chats at the mailbox :) He is a smart, funny little guy for sure - he's bound to be quite a little heartbreaker!

Happy 1st birthday, Ross!

This is the same picture that we took at each session.. (here he is as a newborn, and at 3, 6, and 10 months old.)


Just in case he has a future as a pianist :)







Hmm.. wonder how this will taste...
Not too bad!
I love this shot, because to me it represents Mark and Kelly as parents. They are two of the most loving parents I know - always there for their little boy.
Ross is a cute kid, but I think this is my favorite shot from the day.
Getting pictures of the three of them was difficult - Ross wanted to explore!
I took several shots from the front as Mark and Kelly pushed Ross in his little car, but I think I like this one the best.
Thank you two so much for allowing me to be a part of Ross's first year! What an amazing God we serve!

No comments: