Sunday, April 4, 2010

He Is Risen, Indeed!

"You will be hearing of wars and rumors of wars. See that you are not frightened, for those things must take place; but that is not yet the end. For nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom, and in various places there will be famines and earthquakes. But all these things are merely the beginning of birth pangs". Matt. 24:6-8

This world is a scary place these days. Everywhere you look there are stories of pain, loss, death, and fear. And I have to admit, sometimes I get overwhelmed by all of that! I hear stories of a teenager who sold her little sister to some gang rapers. Stories of people dying of cancer. Stories of financial loss. Stories of earthquakes that take thousands of lives and leave thousands more in shambles. And my heart cries.

But today I was reminded of hope. Because of today, I can have hope. A few thousand years ago, Jesus Christ rose from the dead. Read that again. He ROSE FROM THE DEAD. On that statement I base my life, my faith, and my hope. "Oh Death, where is your victory? O Death, where is your sting?" (1 Cor. 15:55). Because of today, I don't have to fear death, pain, or tomorrow.

I miss my dad. But as we sang "Jesus Christ is Risen Today" this morning, I was reminded that because of the victory that Jesus has over death, I WILL get to see him again. I could almost hear my dad singing along with us!

Church today ended with this song, and it is one that I have come to love. I hope it speaks to you today.

He is Risen! He is Risen, Indeed!

No comments: