Saturday, September 6, 2008

Free to Suceed


One of the things that has been the most influential in my business has definitely been some amazing workshops that I have attended. I always learn so much, not only from the workshops themselves but also from the other photographers that I meet there. And the other night was no exception! I had the opportunity to attend the "Free to Suceed" tour in Orlando, and I am so excited about what I learned. David Jay is one of the industry's most successful photographers, and he had so many great tips to share, on everything from workflow to marketing. One of my favorite parts of the evening, though, was when we were taking a break. We were told to meet at least one new person during the break and exchange business cards. I went outside to try to thaw out from the FREEZING ballroom that we were meeting in, and saw another photographer who was obviously feeling the same thing. Her name was Sam, and were soon joined by her husband Errol. For about 20 minutes we stood outside talking, and then after the workshop was over we went and grabbed some dinner. I absolutely loved getting to hang out with them! They were so friendly, and so encouraging. It reminded me of how one of my absolute favorite parts of this business is the people that I get to meet. I've always considered myself a shy person, but doing this has forced me to come out of my shell and pursue relationships with other people. And I really feel like it is causing me to finally become the person I was created to be.

Anyway, you can check out their website here.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hey what's up Caroline, surfing blogs like the rest of us, nice work. It was fun hanging out with you too.... shout out.. Errol & Sam