Monday, September 29, 2008

I've been tagged!

I was checking some friends' blogs tonight, and realized that my friend Laura had apparently tagged me last month, but I didn't realize it. I've never been tagged before - I must confess I am kind of excited! So here's the rules: 1. Link to your tagger and post these rules on your blog.2. Share 7 facts about yourself on your blog, some random, some weird.3. Tag 7 people at the end of your post by leaving their names as well as links to their blogs.4. Let them know they are tagged by leaving a comment on their blog.

So, I am going to give this a shot. I don't think I am really an interesting person, so I will try my best to come up with 7 not-too-boring facts...

1. I really love to dance. But, with the exception of the occasional (very rare) slow dance with my husband at a wedding that I am attending as a guest and not a photographer, I will not let anyone see me! Ever! But my one regret in life is not being a ballerina. I'm not kidding. I've decided that when I get to heaven, maybe God will allow me to have some kind of dancing ability.

2. I am not the world's most patient person. I have the tendency to rush through some tasks - it's kind of a quantity vs. quality thing. So I think photography has been good for me, because you have to be detail oriented, which I am not by nature. I am learning! But it has also taught me to be grateful for my husband, who is the opposite extreme of me - he will literally spend hours on what would take others only minutes, because he agonizes over every detail. So he helps me out and catches things that I would otherwise miss. We're a good team :)

3. When I was in kindergarten, apparently I wanted to be a garbage collector when I grew up. I think I was watching too much Sesame Street?

4. I can be a really picky eater. I was really bad when I was little - I wouldn't eat anything - especially vegetables! There are stories of me refusing to swallow the skins from my peas... and they would be all over my pillow in the morning. The only way I would eat salad is if it was just plain lettuce with a little salt on it - no dressing or anything. How wierd is that?! Fortunately I've gotten a little better now. I put dressing on my salad, at least.

5. Deep down, I am a very girly person. I love pink, getting dressed up, flowers, and pretty things. However, I do like raising a boy. I grew up with mostly sisters, so boys are a different breed! I think the dirt, skinned knees, and wrestling are kind of fun. So I kind of hope that I have another boy, because it would be fun to watch Chris play with a brother. But it would also be fun to have a girl - I would love to dress her up! (Baby girls clothes are WAY cuter than baby boys!)

6. I am not good at matching clothes - and this is especially true when it comes to shoes. I have three pairs that I typically wear- a brown pair of flip-flops, an identical black pair, and my tennis shoes. They go with everything, right? About 95% of my tops are just solid colors, because I am fairly confident with matching those - they all go with jeans or khaki shorts. You start throwing patterns in there, and I get all confused. When I grow up, I would love to learn how to buy "grown-up" clothes. And I would really love to be able to pick out some fun jewelry to go with them!

7. I am a definite morning person. The alarm goes off, and I am instantly awake. But, I am not an afternoon person. Don't try calling me around 1 in the afternoon, because I typically put Chris down for his nap and then collapse for my own! I am not a happy camper if I miss my nap! It's funny, because Chris takes after me. If I ever have to wake him up in the morning, as soon as I say his name, he just instantly opens his eyes, sits up, and starts talking all at once- it's pretty cute!



Wow - I made it! (It seriously took me like an hour to come up with 7 facts. And I know, they're pretty lame!) So now I need to tag some other people... not sure if I can come up with 7... Let's see... 1. Shalane 2. Kristin 3. Melanie 4. Amy 5. Mom 6. Mary Jo 7. Wendy. Wow! I did it!

No comments: